CTU GLOBAL POSTDOC FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
|Faculty of Transportation Sciences, CTU in Prague
|Expected start date
|Expected contract duration
|Salary (monthly, brutto)
|62 000 CZK ~ 2450 Eur
|Prof. Ing. Ondrej Pribyl, Ph.D.
The main focus will be on implementing an activity-based model in a multiagent simulation tool MATSim. The job will include data preprocessing and modelling, Java implementation in the tool and experiments. The objective is to create a new model to validate impact of policies (prising politics, parking politics etc.) on travel beahvior.
Our expectations from the person at postdoc position would be:
- to be fully involved in the described research within the existing research team
- to actively cooperate with researchrs outside faculty (e.g. IPR – Prague Institute of Planning and Development) and international partners
- to be actively involved in writing new research proposals (especially international)
- to lead the publication activities of research outcomes in relevant impacted journals
An ideal candidate shall fulfil the following criteria:
- University degree
- Experience with research work in an international environment
- Ability to fluently communicate in English
- Publication history in English
- Experience with agent-based simulation tool MATSim and the concept of activity-based research
- Knowledge of algorithmisation and ability to write computer programs (Java, Python, or others)
- Data analysis experience (statistical analysis, logistic regression or others)
About the topic
The topic focuses on modeling of travel behavior using multi-agent systems. This topic belongs to the field of activity-based approach to travel demand analysis. Activity-based modeling treats travel as being derived from the demand for activity participation. The focus is thus not only on modelling traffic, but activity participation of citizens.
MATSim – an open-source framework for implementing large-scale agent-based transport simulations – will be used as a primary tool. MATSim is a microsimulation platform implemented as a Java application. It also adopts the activity-based approach to generate and simulate individuals‘ activities. Agent stands for the individual travelers, and agent behavior refers to an individual’s daily activity travel plan and route choice.
This topic however includes also data preparation, generation of synthetic population and generating daily plans for each citizen/agent. Additionally, so-called “scoring function”, will be researched. When agents execute their plans, the plans are scored according to their economic utility. In the MATSim software, a co-evolutionary algorithm is used to obtain stochastic user equilibrium. The scoring function is needed for the co-evolutionary optimization to model impact of certain policies and decisions.
MATSim has been successfully used in large projects abroad, for example in Switzerland, Germany or the USA. Its application in Czech Republic would help, especially in connection to traditional traffic simulation models, such as PTV VISUM used in the city of Prague.
How to apply
To apply for the CTU Global Postdoc Fellowship you need the following documents in English:
- CV, including list of publications (max. 4 pages). At least two impacted journal publications are expected. Accepted papers pending publication are acceptable if a proof of acceptance is provided.
- Motivation letter (max. 2 pages).
- PhD certificate (copy).
You may attach other optional documents supporting your application such as recommendation letters etc.
The application documents must reach CTU by August 31, 2021.
Applications should be sent to:
Fakulta dopravní ČVUT
p. Markéta Ředinová
110 00 Praha 1